My mission is to equip you to be a calm, confident parent, trusting your own instincts and those of your baby. I want you to have a positive beginning to your parenting journey that you can remember with joy.
Hello. I’m Rebecca, I have been a Registered midwife for 17 years with a chosen specialism in breastfeeding. I am also a trained tongue tie practitioner and registered with the Association of Tongue Tie Practitioners.
I have four beautiful children that I have breastfed and I know only too well the challenges of breastfeeding, having multiple young children and babies with tongue ties.
It is hard work but it is achievable and absolutely worth it, and I am here to help you every step of the way. I am passionate about seeing women and their families achieve a successful breastfeeding journey, learning together and growing a strong family bond.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
I can give you support with:
• Understanding your baby’s needs and feeding cues
• Understanding how breastfeeding works and the miracle that is your
and your baby’s body!!
• Good positioning and attachment
• Supporting and improving milk supply
• Signs of effective breastfeeding
• Assessing for potential tongue tie
• Antenatal education about breastfeeding
How to cope when breastfeeding is hard:
• Painful feeds
• Sleepy/ reluctant feeder
• Low milk supply
• Over milk supply
• Engorged breasts/mastitis
• Frequent feeds and or long feeds
• Low weight gain
• A baby who struggles to latch
Difficulties with bottle feeding:
• Very slow feeding
• Excessive wind
• Excessive dribbling
• Unsettled baby